Just be honest with your answers and take your time.
“We admitted that we were powerless over our addictions and dysfunctional behaviors and that our lives had become unmanageable.”
1. What do you have to give to the “we” of the program?
2. How have you been isolating?
3. How good are you at being part of?
4. How many times is the word “admitted” in the steps?
5. Why is the word important?
6. How good are you at admitting?
7. In the dictionary, look up and write the definition of admitted.
8. Write your own definition of admitted.
9. What is your definition of powerless?
10.In the dictionary,look up and write out the definition of powerless.
11.What does the word “were” mean as used in the 1st step?
12.What is “our addiction”?
13. ……… PASS ON THIS FOR NOW!!
14.What is the disease of addiction?
15.Why is being clean/sober not enough?
16.How was my life unmanageable in my addiction?
17.How is my life unmanageable in my recovery?
18.How do I apply the first step in my life?
19…………PASS ON THIS FOR NOW!!
20.Am I willing to accept the steps as a way of life?
21.In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of addiction.
22.Write out how you were powerless over your addiction when you were using and in your recovery.
23.What does “had become” mean in the first step?
24.In the dictionary, look up and write out the definition of unmanageable.
25.Write out your definition of unmanageable.
26.How was your life unmanageable in your using and in recovery?
27.Who managed your life when you were using and who manages your life in recovery?
28.What does sponsorship have to do with the first step?
29.Write out the benefits of accepting your powerlessness over your addiction.
30.Write out the benefits of surrendering your life to the program.
Take your time and remember this isn’t a test, do it for yourself.