Satan has managed to convince many unbelievers, that he is not real, even though he has been influencing their every day lives abusively, in all manner of ways. Satan is a material, emotional, mental, and spiritual abuser. And if you have experienced abuse on any or all of those levels, he is at the root
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the
gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4
Confronting and facing up to evil, is never easy. As humans we are inclined to go into denial, rather than confront evil for what it is. This is why so many addictions, addictive behaviors and systems continue relentlessly; enabled by ordinary every day people, until the pain brings them to their knees.
I find it a little sad that we humans still need the use of pain and suffering, to remind us to worship the living God!
Those of us who have experienced abuse and addiction, can testify to the truth of the Bible, that Satan and his demonic influence are indeed real, because we have experienced and witnessed his effects in our lives.
I have found it helpful
to do an inventory of all the ways that Satan has robbed me – past and present, across the different areas of my life – physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, culturally, economically, financially, matrimonially, and of course, Spiritually.
The Bible states in John 10:10:
The thief (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy.
So, if you are feeling or experiencing the negative influences of Satan upon your life; here is a deliverance exercise that can help:
1. First, find a quiet 30 minutes when you will be undisturbed, so you can focus on doing the exercise.
2. You will need items for making notes. This could be your journal, diary, notebook and pen, or your computer, tablet or mobile.
3. Start with a prayer, inviting The Holy Spirit’s Protection with you, and supporting you in doing this exercise.
4. Please do not attempt the exercise, without taking this very important step. You need the support and presence of the Holy Spirit to assist, which He most certainly will do, but you have to ask Him for it.
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17
5. Remember you are not acting in your own power alone, but under the guidance and authority of the Holy Ghost. Invite the Angels to surround you, and cover yourself with the healing blood of Christ. If you are still unsure of how to do this, a simple recital of Psalm 91, 23, and/or any other of your
favorite Psalms will work perfectly.
6. Next, Make a list of the key areas of your life. You could for instance draw separate columns, or circles on the page, for each area. You may choose to organize them:
a) By your presence – i.e, Spiritually, Mentally, Emotionally, Psychologically, Physically etc…or
b) By Timeline – i.e, Years, Months, Weeks, Decades – Childhood, Youth, Adulthood, Mid-years, Retirement etc…or
c) By Activities – i.e For Self, Family, Education, Career, Finances, Friends, Relationships, Hobbies, Health, Community, Church, Travel etc…
The point is to do an inventory, asking and answering this question…
Q. *What has Satan stolen from you to date?*
It may help to imagine that a house has been burgled or raided by thieves, and you were required, to give an inventory to the local police, or the home’s insurance company, of all the items that were stolen from the home.
7. It’s important, you are aware, that doing this exercise, does not mean that you are inviting the negative experience in to your life, so you need not fear or worry about that happening. You are simply allowing yourself to acknowledge all the ways in which the enemy Satan has affected your life, so that you can practice being truly set free of Him.
8. List everything you can remember you have been robbed of, before God. Because you are going to experience divine recovery, deliverance and freedom from any lingering effects of Satan’s influence, upon your life. Items on that list may include the following examples:
Qualities– such as, inner peace, trust, confidence, joy, personal power, motivation, sensitivity…etc…
Relationship Rights – such as, privacy, boundaries, friendship, companionship, marital bliss, sexuality, social connections, loving ties, fairness, justice, goodwill etc…
Life Purpose – such as, education, jobs, career, business,finances, solvency, prosperity, abundance, investments, savings generosity, giving, charity, hobbies, creativity, leisure, etc…
Life Cycles – such as Childhood, Adolescence, Schooling, University, Adulthood, Dating, Leaving home, Parenting, Cultural heritage, Tradition, Group memberships etc..
Spiritual Life – Relationship with God, Christian life, Discipleship, Fellowship, Spiritual Growth and development, Mentoring others, Worship, Service, Faith etc…
9. As you make this list, you may begin to feel many different emotions – grief, apathy, fear, sympathy, regret, blame, shame, anger, indignation, etc…This is quite natural. Simply acknowledge them, and let them go, let them pass by and move on.
10. Handover whatever comes up during this process to he Holy Spirit, and allow Him/Her to administer to you. If there is anything or anyone to forgive, yourself included, then now is a good time to do so. But please do not force yourself to forgive anyone. That’s not the purpose of this
11. You are simply re-claiming your life, and everything that the enemy has stolen from you, so that it will all be restored to you,in better shape and ways than before, by the mighty name of Christ Jesus.
12. Take as much time as required to do the exercise. There is no rush required. You may even find yourself over several days adding to the list as your recall permits.
13. You may also find yourself canceling things off, the list, as your restorative process begins. Some areas may already have been healed and restored to you, and this is a good time to also acknowledge that, and to give thanks and praise to our Lord for His healing and deliverance. So notice those areas in which healing has occurred.
14. The truth is that, there is NOTHING that the devil has stolen from you, that God can’t restore to you a hundred fold. Take a moment now, to bask in that knowledge. God is the infinite Creator, who can bless you at any time with anything. His love for you is perfect. So are His gifts to you.
15. As you continue to acknowledge what Satan and his demons have stolen from your life; together with how God, our Lord Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost and the Angelic Host, have worked to deliver, restore and heal your life; you will begin to feel lighter, and lighter; and your soul’s light will shine brighter and brighter. As the TRUTH sets you free, you will have no further need to engage in denial.
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever
you wish, and it will be done for you.” John 15:7
“I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great
army, which I sent among you. You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, who has dealt wondrously with you. And my people shall never again be put to shame. You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God and there is none else. And my people shall never again be put to shame”. Joel 2:25-27