1. We admitted we were powerless over the lives of our loved ones.
2. We came to believe that Christ could change our way of thinking.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and lives over to Christ, COMPLETELY.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of OURSELVES.
5. We admitted to Christ, ourselves, and to another person the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to have Christ remove all these defects
7. We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong PROMPTLY ADMITTED IT.
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with Christ, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others in the same situation, and to practice these principles in our lives.
“12 Steps for Those Who Love an Alcoholic”
by Alcoholics Victorious