This worksheet will help you to clearly see the changes you want to make in your life and to make the necessary plans realize your goals.
note: Members can discuss this workshop in the Message Boards HERE
Obie-host Welcome to the 12 Steps to a Closer Walk with God Workshop!
Tonight our guest speaker is Don Umphrey who is a noted author.
Two of his works include: 12 Steps to a Closer Walk with God
and the accompanying workbook 12 Steps to a Closer Walk with God – Workbook
We also have a forum in the CIR Message Boards where you can further discuss various points brought up in this evening’s workshop.
One out of every two marriages in the United States now ends in divorce. Almost half of the children born today will be living in a broken home before they reach the age of eighteen. Forty million Americans have been married more than once, and the number keep increasing. This trend has now touched every sector of our society – including the Church. (click on link below to view)
Please click on the ebook below to download to your own computer.
Proverbs 23:22 RSV
Hearken to your father who begot you, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
1 ) Stay away from that first drink, taking the 1st step daily.
2 ) Attend recovery meetings regularly and get involved.
3 ) Progress is made ONE DAY AT A TIME.
4 ) Use the 24 Hour plan.
5 ) Remember, your disease is incurable, progressive and fatal.
6 ) Do first things first.
7 ) Don’t become too tired.
8 ) Eat at regular hours.
9 ) Use the telephone. (not just after the fact but during too.).
10) Be active – don’t just sit around. Idle time will kill you.
11) Use the Serenity Prayer.
12) Change old routines and patterns.
13) Don’t become too hungry.
14) Avoid loneliness.
15) Practice control of your anger.
16) Air your resentments.
1) Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture. Never think of yourself as failing; never doubt the reality of the mental image. That is most dangerous, for the mind always tries to complete what it pictures. So always picture “success” no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment.
2) Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal powers come to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out.
Proverbs 1:2-6 NRSV
For learning about wisdom and instruction,
for understanding words of insight,
for gaining instruction in wise dealing,
righteousness, justice, and equity;
to teach shrewdness to the simple,
knowledge and prudence to the young—
let the wise also hear and gain in learning,
and the discerning acquire skill,
to understand a proverb and a figure,
the words of the wise and their riddles.