1) Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture. Never think of yourself as failing; never doubt the reality of the mental image. That is most dangerous, for the mind always tries to complete what it pictures. So always picture “success” no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment.
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:6
2) Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal ability or strength come to mind, deliberately voice the words of God:
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”Isaiah 41:10
3) Do not build up obstacles in your imagination. Depreciate every so-called obstacle. Minimize them. Difficulties must be studied and efficiently dealt with to be eliminated, but they must be seen for only what they are. They must not be inflated by fear thoughts.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
4) Do not be overly impressed by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as YOU can. Remember also that most people, despite their confident appearance and demeanor, are often as scared as you are and as doubtful of themselves.
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6
5) Ten times a day repeat these dynamic words, “If God be for us who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31) Whenever you think of these words stop AT ONCE and repeat them slowly and confidently! It most definitely will improve your conscious contact with God.
6) Get a competent counselor to help you understand why you do what you do. Learn the origin of your inferiority and self-doubt feelings which often begin in childhood. Self-knowledge leads to a cure.
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.Matthew 7:7-8
7) Ten times each day practice the following affirmation, repeating it out loud if possible. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.Philippians 4:13) Repeat those words AT ONCE whenever you think of them (in addition to the 10 chosen times mentioned above). That statement is powerful.
8) Make a true estimate of your own ability, then raise it 25 percent. Do not become egotistical. Develop a wholesome self-respect. Believe in the power of God working within you.
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
9) Put yourself in God’s hands. Simply state, “I am in God’s hands.” Believe you are NOW receiving all the power you need. “Feel” it flowing into you. Affirm that “the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:21) He provides you with the strength and courage to meet life’s demands.
10) Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat you. Believe that you now RECEIVE power from Him.
God is my strength and power: and He maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet: and setteth me upon my high places. 2 Samuel 22:33