- About CIR
- Start / Help
- Hear Hope
- Where do I Start?
- Why Christian Recovery?
- 1st Things
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Feeling far from God?
- Local Help for You
- Member's Help Center
- Info & Help
- Bible Studies
- Sex Addiction
- Training for Recovery Pros
- Anon-Those Who Love Dysfunctional People
- Eating Disorders
- Emotions & Mental Health
- Info & Help
- BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder)
- Bipolar Disorder
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Shopping Addiction
- General Recovery
- Pastors & Pros
- Physical Health
- Prison / Jail
- The Past
- 12 Steps
- What are they?
- Studies & Software
- Books on the 12 Steps
- Prayers for
- Worksheets & Workbooks
- 12 Signs
- 12 Steps Bible Studies
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
- Step 6
- Step 7
- Step 8
- Step 9
- Step 10
- Step 11
- Step 12
- Bible Studies
- 12 Step Studies
- ANON Studies
- Abuse Studies
- Addiction Studies
- Adult Children Studies
- Christian Classics
- Death Studies
- Faith Studies
- Family Studies
- Intervention Studies
- Money & Debt Studies
- Pain & Suffering Studies
- Pastors & Pros Studies
- AA & Big Book Related
- Beyond Recovery
- Bible Related
- Book Studies
- Chat & Meetings
- Group Handouts
- Pastors & Pros Tools
- Podcasts / Videos
- Signs & Symptoms
- Sponsors & Buddies
- Worksheets & Workbooks
- 12 Steps
- Compass Points
- Fellowship & Networking
- God's Will For Us
- One Day at a Time
- Peace / Serenity
- CIR Goodies
- How to Help
- Contact Us
- Log Out
Terms and Conditions of Use
BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site!
- Christians in Recovery® service (the "Service") and its affiliate sites (the "Sites") are accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to and use of the Service and the Sites are subject to the terms and conditions of this User Agreement and Copyright Notice and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark. BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE AND THE SITES, YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The changes will appear on this screen. By using the Service and the Sites, you agree in advance to accept any changes.
- The materials used and displayed on the Service and the Sites, including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations and artwork, video, music and sound, and names, logos, trademarks and service marks, are the property of Christians in Recovery® or its affiliates or licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Any such content may be displayed solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material without the written permission of Christians in Recovery® or the appropriate affiliate.
Christians in Recovery® authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you include the following copyright notice: "Copyright (c) 1993-2008, Christians in Recovery®, Inc. All rights reserved" and other copyright and proprietary rights notices that are contained in the Content. Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items accessible on the Site may be included elsewhere within the Site and are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by reference.
The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with Christians in Recovery® or its licensors. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions is a breach of these Terms and Conditions and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of Christians in Recovery®. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Christians in Recovery® and its licensors.
If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the Content.
- The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from licensors, and other material contained on the Site are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Christians in Recovery® Site.
- TERMS OF SUBSCRIPTION
Registration and Privacy
In order to gain access to the Service, you must become a member of Christians in Recovery® by choosing a unique (and inoffensive) User Name and password, and supply us with true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself, as required on the registration page.
As a member, you also have certain other obligations relating to your account:
- You may not transfer to or resell your use of or access to the Service to any third party;
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account;
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Name and password. IF YOU PROVIDE A NON MEMBER WITH YOUR USERID AND PASSWORD SO THEY CAN ACCESS THE PRIVATE MEMBER'S AREA YOUR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
- You agree to notify us at http://christians-in-recovery.org/contact if you become aware of any possible unauthorized use(s) of your account or any possible breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your User Name or password.
During the free-trial portion of your subscription, if any, you may cancel your subscription to the Service at any time by notifying Christians in Recovery® at: https://christians-in-recovery.org/cancel
Your subscription will continue for the monthly or annual period you select during registration (the "Term"), and renew automatically at the end of the Term, unless you notify us of your decision not to renew your subscription by contacting Christians in Recovery® at: https://christians-in-recovery.org/cancel prior to the expiration of the Term. If you do not notify us, the then-applicable monthly or annual fee for your subscription will be billed automatically to the credit card you designated during the registration process (or subsequently changed).
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE A QUARTERLY OR MONTHLY SUBSCRIBER, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND OR REIMBURSEMENT OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION FEE AFTER YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS RENEWED.
IF YOU ARE AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIBER, YOU MAY RECEIVE A REFUND OF YOUR ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE ONLY IF YOU CANCEL WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION RENEWAL. AFTER THAT, ALTHOUGH YOUR SUBSCRIPTION MAY BE TERMINATED, IT CANNOT BE CANCELED, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND, REIMBURSEMENT, OR OTHER CREDIT.
- If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Christians in Recovery® does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by Christians in Recovery®, others appearing on the Site, Sites that are linked to, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
- The Site may contain health- or medical-related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Site.
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Be aware that this Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 18. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 18.
- The Christians in Recovery® websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the CIR website. CIR does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from CIR's. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites.
- The use of the Christians in Recovery® Site and the Content is at your own risk The Service and the Sites contain information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. THE SERVICE AND THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPOSED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. NEITHER CHRISTIANS IN RECOVERY® NOR ITS AFFILIATES ENDORSE OR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE SERVICE OR THE SITES.
- The Service and the Sites include bulletin boards, chat rooms and other user and member created pages which allow you and other users and members to post information, provide feedback to Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates, and interact in real-time. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Christians in Recovery®, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, officers, directors, employees and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. Although Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and other user and member generated pages on the Site, neither Christians in Recovery® nor its affiliates is under any obligation to do so. You acknowledge that Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates do not control the information available on the bulletin boards, chat rooms and other user and member generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, chat room or on any other user or member generated pages are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms, bulletin boards or on any other user or member generated pages.
- The Service and Sites are:
** NOT a crises center or hotline
** NOT a professional therapy group
** NOT a substitute for professional help or assistance
** NOT geared to any one denomination
** NOT intended to replace secular recovery groups or meetings
** NOT intended to replace or undermine any other Christian organization or group
** NOT a substitute for attending church
Users are responsible for their own privacy and anonymity. POSTING OR TRANSMITTING YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Public and Member's Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
- Using a Public or Member's Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Christians in Recovery® in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Counseling, telling others what they should or should not do or advising participants to perform a particular act or to refrain from doing something.
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments; consent;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming"; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public or Member's Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Christians in Recovery®, exposes Christians in Recovery® or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
- Posting or contacting other participants in the web site to promote your own business, ministry, religious denomination and doctrines or political agendas.
Christians in Recovery® reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public or member's chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all Public and Member's Areas and/or the Christians in Recovery® Site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public or Member's Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the Christians in Recovery® Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
Christians in Recovery® reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests, members or the public. Christians in Recovery® has no liability or responsibility to users of the Christians in Recovery® Site or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
- You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your Christians in Recovery® passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Christians in Recovery® account and password; (3) promptly inform Christians in Recovery® of any need to deactivate a password. You grant Christians in Recovery® and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Site. Christians in Recovery® cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using Christians in Recovery® tools and services.
- Your use of the Service and the Sites is at your own risk. NEITHER Christians in Recovery®, NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICE AND THE SITES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST CHRISTIANS IN RECOVERY® AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SITES AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
- Any communication or material you post or transmit to the Service and/or the Sites is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You assume full responsibility for anything you post or transmit, and you grant Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any information or content you post or transmit for any purpose.
- Christians in Recovery® and its affiliates do not review or monitor any web sites linked to the Service and the Sites and are not responsible for the content of any such linked web sites. Your linking to such web sites is at your own risk.
- This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the Service and the Sites shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida.